DENVER COMMUNITY MEDIA COVID-19 POLICIES
Updated May 26, 2021
As we begin to reopen to the public we ask that members please:
- Refrain from visiting if you are not feeling well
- If you are not vaccinated, practice physical distancing by remaining six feet apart from others at all times
- If you are not vaccinated, wear an appropriate face covering during your entire visit
- Wash your hands frequently for 20 seconds
To keep our staff and members safe, we will have:
- High touch surfaces like countertops, computers, railings frequently disinfected
And to continue to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and to conform to City of Denver Public Health and Environment directives, and in the interest of protecting the health and safety of all Denver Community Media (DCM) staff and members, DCM has instituted the following protocols to address COVID concerns:
OBSERVING BEST PRACTICES FOR A CLEAN OFFICE ENVIRONMENT:
- DCM staff will continue to be mindful of personal hygiene and health. DCM staff members will not come to the Community Media Center if they are ill or experiencing any COVID related symptoms.
- DCM staff will abide by City directive to wear face mask and maintain a safe distance from others if they are un-vaccinated.
- DCM staff will practice healthy behavior: Cover the mouth when sneezing or coughing, dispose of soiled items in the wastebasket, keep work area rubbish-free, clean and sanitized. CMC facility staff will empty trash receptacles on a daily basis.
- DCM staff will perform a daily sanitizing of the community workspaces: Wipe down counters, light switches, doorknobs, keyboards and mice, and disinfect high-risk locations. This sanitizing will be performed upon arrival of staff members and repeated throughout the day as needed.
DCM CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION – GENERAL GUIDELINES:
- All instruction or equipment check out is currently by appointment only. No walk-ins will be accommodated.
- All classroom instruction is to take place in only one location: The Community Media Center at 2101 Arapahoe St.
- According to City directives, DCM members (those attending classes) are required to wear a face covering when visiting Denver Community Media if they have not been vaccinated. Class size will be limited to the number of people that can adequately attend the class while still maintaining social distance protocols. There will be no more than six people in any class, including the instructor and five members.
DCM CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION – CLASSROOM GUIDELINES:
- DCM members must call the office phone and announce their arrival at the north gate of the CMC. Staff will meet them there and escort them into the classroom area.
- Only the member who made the appointment is allowed inside the CMC to attend class, unless the member needs special accommodations as indicated at establishment of appointment.
- Members must enter through the north gate and go immediately into the CMC.
- Upon arrival, the staff will advise the members of the classroom protocols for safety and social distancing.
- When the class is over, the member will depart through the north gate of the CMC. Members are not permitted into any other area of the facility.
- Staff will immediately and thoroughly disinfect the classroom equipment and return it to inventory as appropriate. All equipment surfaces will be wiped with disinfectant. Cases and bags do not need to be wiped but can be sprayed with aerosol disinfectant and allowed to dry.
- Staff will dispose of soiled safety products and equipment before returning to the main office area or departing the facility.
DCM EQUIPMENT CLEANING AND CHECKOUT PROCEDURE:
- Equipment checkout will be by appointment only. No walk-ins will be accommodated.
- Equipment checkout and return is to only take place in one location: Community Media Center, 2101 Arapahoe St.
- According to City directives, DCM members (those checking out equipment) are required to wear a face mask when visiting Denver Community Media for equipment needs if they have not been vaccinated.
- DCM staff will have equipment staged and ready for review. This will allow for proper distancing during the checkout procedure.
- Only the member who made the appointment is allowed inside the studio to retrieve the equipment, unless the member needs special accommodations as indicated at establishment of appointment.
- Members that have not been vaccinated will not be admitted unless they are wearing a face mask.
- Staff will perform the regular checkout procedure and review the equipment with the member from the proscribed social distancing area.
- Staff will dispose of soiled safety products and equipment before returning to the main office area.
- Members must abide by City directive and wear appropriate face covering and keep appropriate distance if they have not been vaccinated.
- Only the member who made the appointment is allowed inside to return the equipment, unless the member needs special accommodations as indicated with the reservation.
- Staff will wear appropriate safety equipment and perform the equipment check in.
- After the paperwork has been signed, the member will depart promptly.
- Staff will immediately and thoroughly disinfect the equipment package and return it to inventory. All equipment surfaces must be wiped with disinfectant. Cases and bags do not need to be wiped but can be sprayed with aerosol disinfectant and allowed to dry.
- Staff member will dispose of soiled safety products and equipment before returning to the main office area.
These safety procedures will be communicated to members through posting on the DCM website and a verbal reminder at the time the members make their appointment.