Production resource allotments and criteria are established to balance DCM resources to insure equity and access for all members. Access to equipment and production facilities are governed by the following guidelines:
- Membership is required to access any facilities, equipment and services provided by Denver Community Media.
- DCM members must complete appropriate certification classes to be eligible for equipment and facility rental.
- DCM member/producer projects will be assigned an ID number and equipment and facility rental usage will be tracked against that number.
- DCM member/producers are legally and financially responsible for all Denver Community Media equipment while in their possession or use.
- DCM offers reasonable accommodations for those that qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- A production rental day is 24 consecutive hours. Equipment may be retrieved after 3 p.m. the day before the rental and must be returned by 10:00 a.m. the day following the rental to avoid additional charges.
FEES AND REFUND POLICY:
- All fees for facility use, equipment rental and classroom instruction are paid in full, in advance. Reservations will be confirmed upon receipt of payment in full.
- Fees may be paid in-person or on-line at www.denvercommunitymedia.org. DCM accepts all common forms of U.S. currency: Cash, check, credit and debit cards.
- Fees for Denver Community Media services and equipment are non-refundable and non-transferable. Unused classroom, facility and equipment rental fees may be applied to future reservations.
- Equipment and facility reservations may be made up to 30 days in advance.
- Reservations are pre-paid, and equipment is reserved after payment is made.
- Fees paid for equipment are non-refundable and non-transferable. Unused equipment rental fees may be applied to future reservations.
- Maximum of 40 hours of incremental equipment check out per project. Equipment options include: Portable edit laptops, off-line edit workstations for rough cuts, on-line edit workstations for color grading and finishing, and the Pro Tools workstation.
FIELD EQUIPMENT RESERVATIONS:
- Maximum of 32 hours of incremental equipment check out per project. Equipment options include: Video cameras (camcorder and DSLR), tripod, light kits, and field audio.
- Maximum of 8 hours of studio time per project. Studio options include: Main studio with up to five cameras, and/or the Digital Podcast Studio with three cameras. Reservations may only be booked up to thirty days in advance.
- Producers will supply their own recording media in the form of external storage drives or cards. DCM does not sell or loan any recording media.
- Producers will save their content onto their own storage devices and should not save content onto Denver Community Media local drives. Member/producer media saved onto Denver Community Media hard drives may be deleted. Producers are permitted to temporarily download media on editing laptops but are not permitted to install software or other applications onto Denver Community Media editing equipment. Software and app installations require an admin password.
COMMUNITY PARTNER DEFINITION:
For the purpose of Denver Community Media membership qualifications, a Community Partner shall be defined as:
- A registered non-profit organization as defined by the Internal Revenue Service standards, a 501(c)3 or 501(c)4 religious, charitable, or educational organization.
- Non-registered coalitions, organizations or associations that band together for non-commercial purposes to benefit Denver’s greater community. Such organizations shall submit a written mission statement for review by the Access Coordinator for qualification.
All production criteria are subject to change and is subject to approval by the Community Media Access Coordinator.