One of the many services offered by Denver Community Media is the opportunity for the public to check-out video production equipment. This service was temporarily halted following the issuance of the Stay-at-Home safety orders to combat the spread of COVID-19. As that order has expired, it is the desire of Denver Community Media to resume offering this valuable and popular service within the current City mandates.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and to conform to City of Denver Public Health and Environment directives, and in the interest of protecting the health and safety of all Denver Community Media (DCM) employees and members, the following cleaning and sanitation procedures are implemented and take effect immediately. The City has established several requirements for the safety of customers and staff which have been incorporated in these protocols. In compliance with the above-requirements, DCM implements the following protocols to allow for the resumption of equipment rental while working to ensure the safety of staff and customers.
BEST PRACTICES FOR STAFF:
- All DCM staff will be mindful of their personal hygiene and health. If sick, stay at home.
- DCM staff will abide by City directive to wear face mask and maintain a safe distance from others.
- DCM staff will perform a daily sanitizing of one’s workspace: Wipe down counters, light switches, doorknobs, keyboards and mice, and disinfect high-risk locations. This sanitizing will be performed upon arrival of staff members at the Studio and repeated throughout the day as needed. The protocols proposed do not require the public to enter DCM staff work areas.
- DCM staff will display signage regarding health protocols.
EQUIPMENT CLEANING AND CHECKOUT STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE:
- Equipment checkout will be by appointment only. No walk-ins will be accommodated.
- Equipment checkout and return is to only take place in one location: Community Media Center (2101 Arapahoe Street).
- Before interfacing with DCM members, staff members will don appropriate gloves and face covering and have proper supplies nearby to disinfect the equipment.
- According to City directives, DCM members (those checking out equipment) are required to wear a face mask when visiting Denver Community Media for equipment needs. Members will be informed upon appointment and these procedures posted online
- DCM staff will have equipment staged and ready for review. This will allow for proper distancing during the checkout procedure.
- DCM members must call the office phone and announce their arrival at the Community Media Center. Staff will meet them there.
- Only the member who made the appointment is allowed inside the studio to retrieve the equipment, unless the member needs special accommodations as indicated at establishment of appointment.
- Members must enter through the north gate and go immediately into the CMC. Members will not be admitted unless they are wearing a face mask. Members are not allowed to enter the equipment room.
- Staff will perform the regular checkout procedure and review the equipment with the member from the proscribed social distancing.
- After paperwork has been signed, the member will depart through the north gate of the CMC. Members are not permitted into any other area of the facility.
- Staff will dispose of soiled safety products and equipment before returning to the main office area.
- DCM members must call the office phone and announce their arrival at the north gate of the CMC. Staff will meet them there.
- Members must abide by City directive and wear appropriate face covering and keep appropriate distance.
- Members will stage equipment for review and check-in.
- Only the member who made the appointment is allowed inside the studio to retrieve the equipment, unless the member needs special accommodations as indicated with the reservation.
- Staff will don appropriate safety equipment and perform the equipment check in.
- After the paperwork has been signed, the member will depart promptly through the north gate of the CMC. Members shall not to enter the main office area.
- Staff will immediately and thoroughly disinfect the equipment package and return it to inventory. All equipment surfaces must be wiped with disinfectant. Cases and bags do not need to be wiped but can be sprayed with aerosol disinfectant and allowed to dry.
- Staff member will dispose of soiled safety products and equipment before returning to the main office area.
While DCM is excited to resume providing services to the community, we are cognizant of health concerns, and our staff will ensure the above safety protocols are followed for the protection of both staff and our members. For more information, please contact David, Access Coordinator, at 720-865-2324 or email@example.com
Additional City of Denver resources related to COVID-19 may be found HERE.