Field Equipment Certification
The Field Equipment Certification class will equip Community Producers with the necessary skills to safely operate Denver Community Media’s field production equipment. Producers will also learn how to reserve and check-out equipment including video cameras, lights, tripod and microphones. All attendees must abide by City of Denver COVID-19 guidelines by maintaining social distance and wearing a face covering.Register Online Here
- General Guidelines: Equipment safety and security. Community Producer responsibilities (15 minutes).
- Camera Setup: Orientation to camera operations and menus. Tripod operation (45 minutes).
- Lighting: Basic lighting configurations, controls, adjusting and focusing instruments (15 minutes).
- Field Audio: Introduction to wireless microphone kit (15 minutes)
- Set up camera and safely attach it to the tripod
- Set up lights
- Set up wireless mics and establish correct audio levels
- Test recording for picture and sound quality
Become a Producer
To sign up for a training, you must first be registered as a producer.