Field Equipment Certification
THIS CLASS IS BEING RE-DESIGNED TO AN INTERACTIVE / LIVE STREAM FORMAT IN ORDER TO BEST ACCOMMODATE OUR MEMBERS DURING THE CORONAVIRUS SEASON. STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION!
The Field Equipment Certification class will equip Community Producers with the necessary skills to safely operate Denver Community Media’s field production equipment. Producers will also learn how to reserve and check-out equipment including video cameras, lights, tripod and microphones.Register Online Here
- General Guidelines: Equipment safety and security. Community Producer responsibilities (15 minutes).
- Camera Setup: Orientation to camera operations and menus. Tripod operation (45 minutes).
- Lighting: Basic lighting configurations, controls, adjusting and focusing instruments (15 minutes).
- Field Audio: Introduction to wireless microphone kit (15 minutes)
- Set up camera and safely attach it to the tripod
- Set up lights
- Set up wireless mics and establish correct audio levels
- Test recording for picture and sound quality
Become a Producer
To sign up for a training, you must first be registered as a producer.