Denver Community Media is pleased to open its office for you, and we are excited to provide resources for your creative process. To help ensure that you can utilize the equipment to its full potential, you must complete a training prior to reserving equipment. Once you’ve completed this training, you will be able to reserve field production and editing equipment.
1440 Cherokee St.
Denver, CO 80202
The Denver Community Media Office is located on the west side of the Denver City & County Building. It has a separate entrance directly across the street from the Denver Mint.
General Hours –
Visits can be arranged by appointment during regular operating hours:
Tuesday – Friday 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
The Community Media Access Coordinator is available to answer questions and assist members during regular operating hours. Please call 720-865-2324 to connect or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Prior to use of equipment, members register for Orientation/Certification training. All Editing and Field equipment training is by reservation on a first-come-first served basis.
Once Orientation/Certification is complete, equipment will be available for reservation . Studio reservation hours will be Saturdays Noon to 6 p.m. and Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Equipment Hours & Information
The best way to secure equipment is by reservation request. Staff will check availability, then secure your reservation. Same-day reservations may be made on an availability basis, and are not guaranteed.Schedule a Visit to Our Office
Studio Hours & Information
A Studio facility is currently unavailable. Denver Community Media is exploring partnerships to create additional studio access and multiple camera field production opportunities. – Check back at a later time for updates.
A Studio facility is currently unavailable. DCM is exploring partnerships to create additional studio access and multiple-camera field production opportunities.
To help producers make the best use of facilities and equipment, producers will be offered orientation/training classes. These classes are required prior to use of any facility or equipment.
Once a producer completes training in a specific catagory, they are certified and can begin making facility and equipment reservations.
Field and editing equipment reservations may be made up to thirty days in advance and used for the allotted time specified on the reservation form for each equipment type.
Denver Community Media reserves the right to cancel reservations due to emergency situations. In the rare event that a cancellation is necessary, Denver Community Media will make every reasonable effort to reschedule the reservation or assist in making other arrangements with existing partners if possible.
Reservations may conveniently be made online here or by calling 720-865-2324, or emailing email@example.com .
Same Day Reservations:
- Same-day reservations can be made for field equipment or editing facilities on a resource available basis.
- Same-day reservations are available for field equipment during regular operation hours Tuesday – Friday, 1 p.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- A Studio facility is currently unavailable. DCM is exploring partnerships to create additional studio access and multiple-camera field production opportunities.
Please note that same-day use requests are risky. Denver Community Media cannot guarantee the types and quantity of equipment that will be on hand. Please plan your projects and resource usage with this in mind.
- Field Equipment Cancellations should be made at least 4 hours prior to reservation if at all possible.
- Editing Cancellations must be made a minimum of one full business day in advance.
- They can be made by:
- Calling us at 720-865-2324 and leaving a detailed voicemail
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-person appointment during regular business hours
Producer Responsibilities Regarding Cancellations
- The producer should maintain a record of the cancellation, including how the reservation was cancelled and what Denver Community Media staff member (if applicable) handled the cancellation.
- Late cancellations or failure to appear for a reservation will be tracked as a usage. Denver Community Media wants to make sure the studio and equipment is used to its full potential. Therefore, repeated failure to cancel reservations in advance or to fulfill reservations could result in a loss of access to Denver Community Media facilities, equipment and resources.
- Editing cancellations must be made a minimum of one full business day in advance.
Denver Community Media's facilities are currently provided in the heart of Civic Center where parking is limited and at a premium. For individuals arriving for appointments, training or equipment check-out, Civic Center is readily accessible via public transit options and car share/taxi services. There are also numerous garage and surface lot options for private vehicles within easy walking distance, at a cost per site.